Cajun Rods now offers 16 models of our time-tested “wicked strong, stupid, sensitive, and priced perfect” Savannah™ series fishing rods in our 2017 line-up to include the addition of 6’6″ Heavy-rated Savannah™ rods. Folks, keep in mind, not only are the Savannah™ series fishing rods the best fishing rod for the value in the United States, but they’ve been your “goto” for over 6 years now by the number of these fantastic rods that we ship across the U.S., send to our dealers, and see the pictures of all the great catches ya’ll send in and post to social networks! When you’re out on the water, you want (and deserve) a fishing rod that you can depend on … and you want power, you want rod sensitivity, you want a rod that is light and won’t wear you out when targeting that largemouth bass lunker or reeling in that inshore beasty to the boat. We know that a good fishing rod shouldn’t break the bank either. So we bring to you our 2017 line of Savannah™ series rods that meet each of the above requirements and at the same, exact price that we launched them back in 2009! Yep – same great performance, same great price! From Minnesota to Maine, Michigan to Tennessee, Alabama to Oregon, Texas to Florida, and every other great state in our Union, one common truth remains… anglers need a rod that can feel the bite and fight em’ all the way to the boat. Our Savannah™ rods are designed with our proprietary CFX30™ micro lattice and linear carbon fiber materials, combining the very best of American ingenuity and engineering to stack your deck with one of the meanest rod tapers, reactive rod tips, and heavyweight hook sets on the water! Designed to be fished using the most popular inshore and freshwater fishing techniques, tactics, and lures… your Savannah™ series rod is going to assist you to to cover more water and target your prey. Drag a lizard or grub, pop a cork, bounce a tube, slide a shaky head, pitch a jig, flip a craw, cast a crankbait, swim a spinnerbait, crawl a worm, jerk, twitch, bounce, drag, spin, skip, or throw your favorite lure. Not only will you have the confidence in every cast, but you’ll feel the lightest of bites and have the raw power to hammer down your hook-sets, and turn em’ with controlling ease to your net. Our Savannah™ rods are hands-down the lightest, most powerful rods you’ve ever fished and every single one is engineered in-house and on our Cajun Fiber X-Treme™ rod blanks (yep, fabricated right here in good ol’ USA and only by Cajun Rods). Now available in both full or split grip handle systems, every Savannah™ fishing rod is designed using the finest materials we could find – from our Duracore™ Premium Grade Cork to the Fuji® hardware and reel seats – when matched with our CFX™ rod blanks … well, you’ve got an instant American Classic that’ll let you feel the future of your next bite while you’re out on the water. Every Savannah series rod features the following materials, design, engineering, and finished fabrication from Jacksonville, Florida, USA:
- 100% Made in the USA
- ACURIGHT™ Split Grip Handle System:
- When it feels right, it just feels right. Right? Each of our Cajun Rods produced is ergonomically constructed such that the combination of tuning, balance, and materials serve as the focal point for your only point of contact on your fishing rod, the rod grip (or handle). So the next time you “grip it and rip it” just know that our meticulous attention to ergonomic design is to ensure that your Cajun Rod not only fishes right, but feels right from first to last cast.
- Premium Duracore™ Premium-Grade Cork Handle Material:
- When it comes to the selection of handle system components and materials used in your Cajun Rod, quality counts. Our Duracore™ Premium Grade Cork handles and grips are super dense which equate to excellent abrasion, rip-stop resistance, enhanced vibration transmission, and a comfortable touch. So look forward to grabbing a Cajun Rod, because we know you’ll enjoy your super tough Cajun-crazy sensitive fishing rod.
- Harmonic Tuning and Precision Balance:
- At Cajun, each fishing rod is tuned to ensure optimum casting, retrieval, and rod response. Every rod guide is placed based on rod kinematics (”how that particular rod behaves”). The end result is that a Cajun Rod is harmonically tuned to every rod guide and component along the rod’s longitudinal axis, allowing for a “perfect” cast every time. Cast longer, load stronger, and hit the bullseye every time with your Cajun Rod.
- End-to-end rod balancing is performed on each Cajun Rod. To the angler, this means stronger and faster hook sets because it places your fishing rod tip above your “neutral zone” and in a “ready position.” A fulcrum-balanced Cajun Rod enhances your comfort and increases overall rod performance through longer and more accurate casts. This is but one detail as to why Cajun Rods are simply a better-engineered fishing rod.
- FUJI® Concept Stainless Rod Guides (handles any mono, fluoro, or braid effortlessly):
- Fuji® is world-renowned and steeped in decades of innovation as an industry leading manufacturer of fishing rod components. As such, we are proud to offer each of our 45 models of USA-manufactured Cajun Rods for 2017 exclusively using Fuji® rod guides and reel seats. “At Cajun Rods, every rod is USA-handcrafted … one at a time !”
- FUJI® Quality Reel Seat = durable, proven, and keeps your finger in touch with every vibrationDropshot Hook Keeper (Stainless Steel)Cajun Fiber X-Treme™ (CFX™) rod blank engineering and design = reactive hook sets:
- Casting: Blank-through Graphite Reel Seat with Cushioned Hood
- Spinning: Solid-body Graphite with Cushioned Hoods
- Smooth Taper-Transition™ (STT™) technology:
- STT™ is the result of our multi-layered approach to rod tube design utilizing CFX™ carbon fiber and graphite materials. STT™ provides uniform wall thickness and minimizes weak points in the blank as well increases durability and strength. When combined with our SCML™ and RLCF™ technology, every Cajun Rod is specifically engineered for a specific power-to-weight ratio with crisp, precise actions from rod tip to rod end. Rolled from scratch, engineered to the hilt, and designed to perform … “We build your confidence.”
- Smooth Core Micro Lattice™ (SCML™) rod blank with CFX36™ fibers:
- SCML™ is the intricate overlay of CFX™ carbon fiber and graphite materials to create a seamless mesh in every USA-engineered Cajun Rod tube. When our micro-latticed CFX™ materials are combined with a layered approach to rod blank design, the end result is that our anglers enjoy exceptional rod control, even rod loading, minimal rod twist, reduced rod weight, and increased rod sensitivity in their Cajun Rod.
- USA-manufactured to Cajun engineering specifications, this is our proprietary recipe of intermediate 30-ton carbon fiber and resin materials. Precisely measured and combined, our CFX30™ prepreg serves as a staple ingredient in many of our world-class Cajun Rods. Our CFX30™ prepreg is used in the produciton of both SCML™ and RLCF™ rod tube fabrics.
- Reinforced Linear Carbon Fiber™ (RLCF™) rod tube with CFX30™ material:
- RLCF™ is not just the precision alignment of our CFX™ material along the longitudinal axis of every Cajun Rod, but most importantly consists of the pressures utilized to overlap and individually bind the carbon fiber strands in our rods. Ultimately, the linear integrity this process provides further reinforces each CFX™ rod blank to support extreme end-to-end loading and optimal parabolic form of each Cajun Rod.
- Lifetime limited warranty backed by Cajun Custom Rods®
The Savannah™ series fishing rods are the lightest, strongest, most sensitive and quite honestly, the best fishing rods in class … and even better, at a price that we can all afford! Finished in a Bayou Moss Green color, our Savannah™ rods are absolutely stunning! We know our rods, we know fishing, and we know because ya’ll keep voting the Savannah™ series as the #1 fishing rod series in America!
“I’ll be the first to tell you ’cause the Savannah rods from Cajun are just awesome! I got one and loved fishing it so much, I had to get a few of each model. Yep – now I only fish Cajun Rods and have been for years! Best damn rods for the money out there … period!” – Rick Green, Avid Inshore and Freshwater Angler
SAV-843-1C ROD SPECS: 7′ | 8-15 lbs | Medium Heavy Power | Fast Action | 1/4-1 oz