To California bass and inshore delta anglers, terms such as “Hella” (which infers “high quality”) and “Bomb” (which means “way cool and excellent”) are used interchangeably to describe exceptional fishing rods and equipment. At Cajun Rods, we combine the best of both worlds and bring to you our 2017 “Hella-Bomb™” series of full grip spinning and casting rods designed for anglers who have a sense of “Animal Style” when it comes to throwing medium to large-sized swimbaits, Alabama Rigs, plugs, chugs, twitchbaits, jerkbaits, Twitchbaits, Topwaters, Frogs, Worms, and Crankbaits. We’ve engineered and designed your Hella-Bomb™ casting and spinning series as the best trophy largemouth bass, musky, striped bass (or rockfish / stripers), tarpon, snapper, bluefish, bull redfish, grouper, amberjack, or snook catching rods on the planet!
For our 2017 line-up, we’ve added a 7’9″ swimbait casting/spinning rod set as well as upped the ante through our power-stroke redesign of our 8′ models (which now class up to 30-50 lbs and 2-4 ounces) to be the biggest, toughest, and meanest 100% carbon fiber, “Made in the USA” fishing rods in the industry. Yep, we’ve taken the Hella-Bomb™ series of fishing rods to a whole new level of “Bad-@$$!” Meticulously engineered, our 2017 Hella-Bomb™ series of fishing rods weigh in at approximately 4.5-6 ounces and are truly the “fish-fighting, bait chucking, best-of-class surgical machines” in your arsenal. Yeah – 7’9″ or 8′ might seem like a lot of length in a fishing rod, but when you’re targeting double-digits in crystal clear water or when you need to go deep and get er’ down to where the monsters lurk you better have a rod that can range your casts to greater distances than you’ve ever dreamed, a rod that has the backbone to haul em’ to the surface, and a rod that simply imbues the biggest gun in the bad boy fight of your life. It’s simple, any other rod out there just pales in comparison to the brute finesse and power combo of a Hella-Bomb™ fishing rod. So, if you’re seeking a hell-of-a-lot-of rod … trust us when we tell you … “Size does matter.”
Rolled on our CFX30™, CFX36™, and CFX+™ micro lattice and linear carbon fiber materials, the 2017 Hella-Bomb™ series of rods are the just fish-kicking’ thunderstick you’ve been hell bent on to go long, get down deep, hook-set with pride, control the fight, and give you the confidence to know your next hook up will shed a little sunlight on your prey when you give em’ a free boat ride on the surface. Designed to throw, launch, crank, chop, plug, walk, wake, dive, ride, twitch, pop, and bomb … you’ll have the confidence to cast big baits for bigger freshwater beasts and inshore Poseidon’s with your Hella-Bomb™ series rod.
Your dreams of firing away with medium, large, or even oversized deep-diving crankbaits such as the Norman DD22, Bandit Series 700, Alabama rigs, and topwater chugs, plugs, swimsuits, and wake baits are answered because the Hella-Bomb™ series gets you there … keeps you there … and then keeps on dishing out the good stuff. We’re fanatical about fishing rod quality and performance and our rod blanks are no exception. It’s no secret and we’re not shy about letting folks know that we build Hella-Bomb™ rods on Cajun Custom Rods® proprietary Cajun Fiber X-Treme™ (CFX™) rod blanks … pre-pegged, rolled, baked, sanded, and delivered to you … Made in America, by Americans, for anglers all over the world!
Every Hella-Bomb™ series rod features the following materials, design, engineering, and finished fabrication from Jacksonville, Florida, USA:
- 100% Made in the USA
- ACURIGHT™ Split Grip Handle System:
- When it feels right, it just feels right. Right? Each of our Cajun Rods produced is ergonomically constructed such that the combination of tuning, balance, and materials serve as the focal point for your only point of contact on your fishing rod, the rod grip (or handle). So the next time you “grip it and rip it” just know that our meticulous attention to ergonomic design is to ensure that your Cajun Rod not only fishes right, but feels right from first to last cast.
- Premium Duracore™ Premium-Grade Cork Handle Material:
- When it comes to the selection of handle system components and materials used in your Cajun Rod, quality counts. Our Duracore™ EVA handles and grips are super dense which equate to excellent abrasion, rip-stop resistance, enhanced vibration transmission, and a comfortable touch. So look forward to grabbing a Cajun Rod, because we know you’ll enjoy your super tough Cajun-crazy sensitive fishing rod.
- Harmonic Tuning and Precision Balance:
- At Cajun, each fishing rod is tuned to ensure optimum casting, retrieval, and rod response. Every rod guide is placed based on rod kinematics (”how that particular rod behaves”). The end result is that a Cajun Rod is harmonically tuned to every rod guide and component along the rod’s longitudinal axis, allowing for a “perfect” cast every time. Cast longer, load stronger, and hit the bullseye every time with your Cajun Rod.
- End-to-end rod balancing is performed on each Cajun Rod. To the angler, this means stronger and faster hook sets because it places your fishing rod tip above your “neutral zone” and in a “ready position.” A fulcrum-balanced Cajun Rod enhances your comfort and increases overall rod performance through longer and more accurate casts. This is but one detail as to why Cajun Rods are simply a better-engineered fishing rod.
- FUJI® Concept Stainless Rod Guides (handles any mono, fluoro, or braid effortlessly):
- Fuji® is world-renowned and steeped in decades of innovation as an industry leading manufacturer of fishing rod components. As such, we are proud to offer each of our 45 models of USA-manufactured Cajun Rods for 2017 exclusively using Fuji® rod guides and reel seats. “At Cajun Rods, every rod is USA-handcrafted … one at a time !”
- FUJI® Quality Reel Seat = durable, proven, and keeps your finger in touch with every vibrationDropshot Hook Keeper (Stainless Steel)Cajun Fiber X-Treme™ (CFX™) rod blank engineering and design = reactive hook sets:
- Casting: Blank-through Graphite Reel Seat with Cushioned Hood
- Spinning: Solid-body Graphite with Cushioned Hoods
- Smooth Taper-Transition™ (STT™) technology:
- STT™ is the result of our multi-layered approach to rod tube design utilizing CFX™ carbon fiber and graphite materials. STT™ provides uniform wall thickness and minimizes weak points in the blank as well increases durability and strength. When combined with our SCML™ and RLCF™ technology, every Cajun Rod is specifically engineered for a specific power-to-weight ratio with crisp, precise actions from rod tip to rod end. Rolled from scratch, engineered to the hilt, and designed to perform … “We build your confidence.”
- Smooth Core Micro Lattice™ (SCML™) rod blank with CFX30™ and CFX36™ fibers:
- SCML™ is the intricate overlay of CFX™ carbon fiber and graphite materials to create a seamless mesh in every USA-engineered Cajun Rod tube. When our micro-latticed CFX™ materials are combined with a layered approach to rod blank design, the end result is that our anglers enjoy exceptional rod control, even rod loading, minimal rod twist, reduced rod weight, and increased rod sensitivity in their Cajun Rod.
- USA-manufactured to Cajun engineering specifications, this is our proprietary recipe of intermediate 30-ton carbon fiber and resin materials. Precisely measured and combined, our CFX30™ prepreg serves as a staple ingredient in many of our world-class Cajun Rods. Our CFX30™ prepreg is used in the produciton of both SCML™ and RLCF™ rod tube fabrics.
- Predominantly designed to serve as “bridge” carbon fiber material, CFX36™ is also utilized as a stand-alone prepreg for select Cajun Rod designs. As an intermediate 36-ton carbon fiber material, CFX36™ yields a higher strength rod tube at reduced weights and may be combined into either SCML™ or RLCF™ rod tube fabrics, pending the intended rod design.
- Reinforced Linear Carbon Fiber™ (RLCF™) rod tube with CFX+™ material:
- RLCF™ is not just the precision alignment of our CFX™ material along the longitudinal axis of every Cajun Rod, but most importantly consists of the pressures utilized to overlap and individually bind the carbon fiber strands in our rods. Ultimately, the linear integrity this process provides further reinforces each CFX™ rod blank to support extreme end-to-end loading and optimal parabolic form of each Cajun Rod.
- Our CFX+™ is truly a masterpiece of USA-engineering in rod material design. Combining high strain 36 and 40-ton carbon fibers with the perfect blend of resin enables very specific actions and tapers in our Cajun Rods. The strongest and lightest carbon fiber prepreg material that we use in manufacture, CFX+™ provides amazing performance and technical applications.
- Lifetime limited warranty backed by Cajun Custom Rods®
We offer “match fishing” for your rod designs by matching your technique, your rod designs, American-engineering, and Cajun’s meticulous rod-building standards. These rods are half the weight (yes 50% less) than a similar power fiberglass rod blank or competitor’s graphite rod blank. Each leverages Heavy to Extra Heavy Power and a Fast Action rod tip allowing for the bump, inhale, gulp, and grab … ultimately providing you the sensation to react with a Babe Ruth rod swing to set the hook home.
“When you go big, when you go long, or when you go strong … yell out Hella-Bomb™ when you do!”
HB-935-2C ROD SPECS: 7’9″ | Heavy | Fast | 12-25 lbs | 3/8-1 1/2 oz