The 2017 Cajun Coastal™ series rods are meticulously designed to exceed your saltwater light tackle expectations – hands-down, the best inshore fishing rod available. Our Cajun Coastal™ rods are uniquely designed with direct input from professional Charter Captains, Cajun ProStaff, and Elite Anglers from the salt marshes of the Piedmont, south to Florida, across the Gulf waterways, and into the mighty bays dotting the Texas coast. With four models to choose from in both split and full grip handle systems, we know you’ll not only find the perfect match for your style of saltwater angling, but finally … you’ll have the confidence to stalk, float, and motor when landing your next coastal catch of a lifetime!
As the best coastal fishing rod available in the industry, our Cajun Coastal™ series rods have been meticulously designed to exceed your saltwater light tackle expectations and really allow you to perform to your limits. Weighing in at under 3.4 ounces, these rods are loaded with power to give you the edge the next time you launch. Made on our exclusive Cajun Coastal™ series “Made in the USA” rod blanks on our proprietary CFX30™ and CFX+™ carbon fibers, our team set out to engineer a rod that could not only dish out the power to land hard hitting saltwater predators, but also sweet talk the finickiest of fish with its sensitive taper and soft rod tip. Oh yeah, did we mention the shortened rod handle systems? Ok … now we did … and in a short full grip too!
Yep, we took the Cajun Coastal™ a step up in saltwater and inshore performance and literally designed the rod blank around the handle so the balance is perfect … even on a short-butt rod. So why a shorter handle? Easy. When you’re sitting in a kayak, they actually fit into the kayak’s rod holders and don’t rattle around or wiggle around – yep, they actually fit into the holders (amazing!). When you have a Cajun Coastal™ loaded into your yak’s rod holder, it’s actually less of a reach to get to your rod … try it … you’ll see for yourself. The shorter handle keeps the rod butt from bumping into your stomach and makes casting effortless (and this is important in cramped quarters or when you’re sitting inches from the water). In fact, the Cajun Coastal short handle systems will increase your cast and take full advantage of your angling expertise … putting more fish in the boat.
Another reason the short handle is great for coastal fishing is for those of you wade fishing. A shorter handle means, “go ahead and get chest deep … the rod handle won’t drag through the water on your casts.” We know you’ll love the enhanced range, accuracy and comfort when you launch a lure with your Cajun Coastal.
Every Cajun Coastal™ series fishing rod features the following materials, design, engineering, and finished fabrication from Jacksonville, Florida, USA:
- 100% Made in the USA
- ACURIGHT™ Split Grip Handle System:
- When it feels right, it just feels right. Right? Each of our Cajun Rods produced is ergonomically constructed such that the combination of tuning, balance, and materials serve as the focal point for your only point of contact on your fishing rod, the rod grip (or handle). So the next time you “grip it and rip it” just know that our meticulous attention to ergonomic design is to ensure that your Cajun Rod not only fishes right, but feels right from first to last cast.
- Premium Duracore™ Premium-Grade Cork Handle Material:
- When it comes to the selection of handle system components and materials used in your Cajun Rod, quality counts. Our Duracore™ split and full grip cork handles and grips are super dense which equate to excellent abrasion, rip-stop resistance, enhanced vibration transmission, and a comfortable touch. So look forward to grabbing a Cajun Rod, because we know you’ll enjoy your super tough Cajun-crazy sensitive fishing rod.
- Harmonic Tuning and Precision Balance:
- At Cajun, each fishing rod is tuned to ensure optimum casting, retrieval, and rod response. Every rod guide is placed based on rod kinematics (”how that particular rod behaves”). The end result is that a Cajun Rod is harmonically tuned to every rod guide and component along the rod’s longitudinal axis, allowing for a “perfect” cast every time. Cast longer, load stronger, and hit the bullseye every time with your Cajun Rod.
- End-to-end rod balancing is performed on each Cajun Rod. To the angler, this means stronger and faster hook sets because it places your fishing rod tip above your “neutral zone” and in a “ready position.” A fulcrum-balanced Cajun Rod enhances your comfort and increases overall rod performance through longer and more accurate casts. This is but one detail as to why Cajun Rods are simply a better-engineered fishing rod.
- FUJI® Concept Stainless Rod Guides (handles any mono, fluoro, or braid effortlessly):
- Fuji® is world-renowned and steeped in decades of innovation as an industry leading manufacturer of fishing rod components. As such, we are proud to offer each of our 45 models of USA-manufactured Cajun Rods for 2017 exclusively using Fuji® rod guides and reel seats. “At Cajun Rods, every rod is USA-handcrafted … one at a time !”
- FUJI® Quality Reel Seat = durable, proven, and keeps your finger in touch with every vibrationDropshot Hook Keeper (Stainless Steel)Cajun Fiber X-Treme™ (CFX™) rod blank engineering and design = reactive hook sets:
- Casting: Blank-through Graphite Reel Seat with Cushioned Hood
- Spinning: Solid-body Graphite with Cushioned Hoods
- Smooth Taper-Transition™ (STT™) technology:
- STT™ is the result of our multi-layered approach to rod tube design utilizing CFX™ carbon fiber and graphite materials. STT™ provides uniform wall thickness and minimizes weak points in the blank as well increases durability and strength. When combined with our SCML™ and RLCF™ technology, every Cajun Rod is specifically engineered for a specific power-to-weight ratio with crisp, precise actions from rod tip to rod end. Rolled from scratch, engineered to the hilt, and designed to perform … “We build your confidence.”
- Smooth Core Micro Lattice™ (SCML™) rod blank with CFX30™ carbon fibers:
- SCML™ is the intricate overlay of CFX™ carbon fiber and graphite materials to create a seamless mesh in every USA-engineered Cajun Rod tube. When our micro-latticed CFX™ materials are combined with a layered approach to rod blank design, the end result is that our anglers enjoy exceptional rod control, even rod loading, minimal rod twist, reduced rod weight, and increased rod sensitivity in their Cajun Rod.
- USA-manufactured to Cajun engineering specifications, this is our proprietary recipe of intermediate 30-ton carbon fiber and resin materials. Precisely measured and combined, our CFX30™ prepreg serves as a staple ingredient in many of our world-class Cajun Rods. Our CFX30™ prepreg is used in the produciton of both SCML™ and RLCF™ rod tube fabrics.
- Reinforced Linear Carbon Fiber™ (RLCF™) rod tube with CFX+™ material:
- RLCF™ is not just the precision alignment of our CFX™ material along the longitudinal axis of every Cajun Rod, but most importantly consists of the pressures utilized to overlap and individually bind the carbon fiber strands in our rods. Ultimately, the linear integrity this process provides further reinforces each CFX™ rod blank to support extreme end-to-end loading and optimal parabolic form of each Cajun Rod.
- Our CFX+™ is truly a masterpiece of USA-engineering in rod material design. Combining high strain 36 and 40-ton carbon fibers with the perfect blend of resin enables very specific actions and tapers in our Cajun Rods. The strongest and lightest carbon fiber prepreg material that we use in manufacture, CFX+™ provides amazing performance and technical applications.
- Lifetime limited warranty backed by Cajun Custom Rods®
Cajun Coastal™ rods dish out legendary and elite fishing performance you’ve come to expect of a Cajun Custom Rods® series. Leveraging our proprietary blend of carbon fibers, each Cajun Coastal™ rod is individually handcrafted using our Smooth Taper-Transition™ (STT™) technology, providing uniform wall thickness to minimize weak points in the rod blank as well increase durability and strength. When other folks cut costs on their manufacture, we tend to enjoy what really works and that’s why we fabricate each of our Cajun rod blanks with an optimum blend of resins content, scrim, and the highest ratio of high-strain rate carbon fiber.
“Man, I never leave the house without my Cajun Coastal – it’s one bad to the bone fishing rod!” – Bill Mitchell, Texas Coastal Angler
CC-812-2S ROD SPECS: 6’9″ | Medium | Fast | 8-14 lbs | 1/8-3/4 oz